Rise of the Runelords
- A celebration to Desna held on the first day of autumn.
- To celebrate this event, priests of Desna release a wagon full of swallowtail butterflies in front of a crowd of believers. It is considered a good omen for a worshiper, if a butterfly rests on him or her for a short time. The day is spent in celebration and can include activities such as feasting, storytelling, and singing. In preparation for this event, larger temples of Desna often have enclosed gardens in which they raise swallowtail butterflies year round. In colder climes, where the raising of butterflies is impossible, faithful will sometimes substitute colored leaves or painted corn husks for the actual insects.
- The inns offer free meals for all guests, and there are many food carts and games of chance in the centre of town.
- This year, the Festival has a special significance for Sandpoint: it makes the opening of the new Sandpoint Cathedral, as the temple was rebuilt after it burned down five years prior in the Sandpoint Fire.
- There is typically a bonfire, but this year’s was cancelled due to the attack on Sandpoint.