Rise of the Runelords
- A forest nearby to Sandpoint— famed for its high concentration of moths, butterflies, and torchbugs. The Grove represents the area of the woods Aldern bought for his own private hunting reserves. Located in the nearby forest, it was supposed to be idyllic.
- Eight hour ride from Sandpoint.
- Partially owned by Aldern Foxglove.
- Aldern’s property has a viewing platform, not unlike a deer-stand used for hunting, but quite lavish and gaudy. There’s windows on the little shack, and a ladder out back that leads to the top, which is something of a viewing platform. It overlooks a cliff alongside a river, with Foxglove Bridge leading into The Grove.
- “There exists in the Grove and elsewhere a fungus that ambulates the catatonic — locks the spirit inside while the body is controlled by it.” —Shalelu